Kodi is the free and open source media player that was formerly known as XBMC. Kodi provides access to streaming media contents. This media player slowly marks its impression on those who want to share contents around the home.
Peoples are in search of Kodi alternatives because of cracking down of illegal streaming goes on, and lots of add-ons of Kodi have been shut down because of some severe court cases.
Here, in this article, I am introducing you all with what other sources are available that you can use as Kodi replacement.
List of Top 10 Kodi Alternatives to use in 2019.
Plex is the best alternative to Kodi that magically arrange your media library and allows you to stream them on any device. You can stream your choice of media on any screen, big or small all together with Plex.
Features of Plex:-
- Streaming of music from TIDAL that contains 59 million high-quality tracks and also 25000 music videos.
- Organize the media files and play them on any device in a beautiful & simple interface.
- You can watch your choice of web shows from different sources.
- On personalized recommendations, you can search for the podcast as well as for new media material.
- It provides you with trusted video news from 190 global publisher partners.
- Remote access and sharing is available.
- It provides security and privacy preferrably.
- You can control the big screen through Plex remote control.
Price of Plex:-
Free trial of 30 days after that you have to pay the US $ 4.99 every month.
Yearly charges are the US $ 39.99
Lifetime charges are the US $ 119.99.
Download Plex app from the official links:-
2. MPTScheduler from Media Portal
MPTScheduler aka Media Portal is a free open source media player that is known for transforming your PC into an advanced multi-media center or home theater. You can use this Kodi replacement to listen music and radio, watch videos and DVDs or even schedule and record live TV. It is similar to a digital video recorder.
Features of Media Portal:-
- It is like TiVo but more, you can watch, schedule and record TV and that is also for free.
- Play DVDs, movies, videos, and blu-ray discs.
- You can create a slideshow, watch pictures or home videos.
- Media Portal provides you with the facility to check weather reports, news and more.
- You can control your HTPC by remote controller.
- You can stream media, TV, and Radio to any PC/HTPC connected to your network.
Price of Media Portal:-
FREE to use.
Download Media portal app from the official link.
Emby helps you to combine all your photos, videos and music in one place to stream them on your device. No other alternative is as effective for accessing all your media from a single place and play them as your wish.
Features of Emby:-
- You can play your media files on any device because Emby automatically transforms your media on-the-fly.
- Emby helps you to arrange your media files in a way that they look fancy including related content suggestions with rich metadata.
- Private sharing of your media files with your friends and family is another great feature that Emby has.
- Easy control command over all family through its parental control.
- Watch live TV and manage your DVR.
- If you have installed cloud synch provider, then you can stream your cloud-synced media.
Price of Emby:-
Emby is free to use, but if you want to unlock extended features, then you have to pay the US $ 4.99 every month, $54 for yearly and $119 for a lifetime license.
Download Emby app from the following links.
4. Universal Media Server
The Universal Media Server is not as good as Kodi but could be a Kodi alternative. This server can serve videos, photos, and audio to any DLNA-capable device. The universal media server is free and updated regularly and has more functional features than any other servers including paid servers as well.
Features of Universal Media Server:-
- This server supports almost all the essential operating systems like, versions for Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.
- This server supports massive range of media formats.
- This server helps to stream audio, video and image formats with little or no configuration.
Price of Universal Media Server:-
It is FREE to use.
Infuse is next in the list of apps like Kodi that helps to catch your video content. This server is surprisingly powerful because media content looks excellent and plays anything thrown at it. Overall this is an elegant video player that gives you the best listening experience.
Features of Infuse:-
- Infuse is powerful, super efficient playback engine that plays every video file including MP4, MKV, DVD and many more.
- You can play videos stored on Mac, NAS, PC and cloud services.
- Get organized automatically by using Infuse.
- Use cloud storage to keep all in sync.
Price of Infuse:-
Free with in-app-purchases.
Download Infuse app from the official link:-
Stremio helps to arrange and watch movies, Live TV, series and video channels. This app offers features that are better than Kodi.
Features of Stremio:-
- Discover new contents with ease.
- You can see all f your video content on one screen.
- Stremio helps to organize your video library by type, alphabetical order based on latest use.
- You can keep a record of everything you watched.
- Enjoy video content on bigger screens.
- Watch videos from various sources.
Price of Stremio:-
It is FREE to use.
Download Stremio app from Official links.
Kokotime is next in the row of Kodi alternatives. This is the free, simple and beautifully designed media center that will allow you to watch all your choice of media content whether it may be movies or anything else.
Features of Kokotime:-
- It supports 3rd party add-ons.
- Make a list of local media and arrange them by genre, top rated, recently added.
- It has a file manager.
- It has chromecast support.
- You can resume your watch from where you left.
- Universal cast to let you cast any media to any device without an external device.
- Subtitles will load automatically with custom subtitle styling.
Price of Kokotime:-
It is FREE to use.
Download Kokotime app from the official link:-
8. Popcorn Time
If you are a movie buff, then Popcorn time is the app for you that might be better than Kodi because it features all the new movies, trailers, upcoming movies, movie cast, and movie news. You can browse your favorite movies and click to watch by using this app.
Features of Popcorn Time:-
- You can explore breaking entertainment news.
- Everything related to movies you will get here such as movie trailers, movie reviews, movie gossips and so on.
- You will get 153 films based on the user’s review.
- This allows you to watch movies and TV serials as many times as you want there are no restrictions
Price of Popcorn Time:-
It is FREE to use.
Download Popcorn Time app from the official links.
JRiver a Kodi alternative is a comprehensive media software and best choice for seamless audio, television, video, and images. Jriver is a well known platform recognised for providing solutions to network issues in media field.
Features of JRiver:-
- A perfect audio files can be explored.
- Plays videos effortlessly and that is also with the highest quality.
- You can enjoy media files anywhere, anytime and at any place.
- It controls everything with one thumb and five buttons.
- Edit, arrange and view your images.
Price of JRiver:-
Free to try and for window license, you have to pat the US $ 49.98.
If you are in search of apps like Kodi, then OSMC is the best choice for you as it is an open source media center built for people and by people.
Features of OSMC:-
- Simple and easy to use design.
- Free and open source because it is built on great software with the same values.
- OSMC can play all major media formats from numerous different devices.
Price of OSMC:-
Free to use.
All the above list is for those who are looking for Kodi alternatives. Have you gone through the list? Does any alternative matches with your requirements from the list above? Please share your feedback with us as your feedbacks always inspire us to work more efficiently. Stay tuned with us for more informative articles.